Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Kitchens

Kitchens have different meanings to me. Most kitchens can make me happy, especially if I’m baking in it. However the kitchen where I currently reside is so small and cramped and inadequate I feel anything but happiness when I’m trying to cook or bake in it. In fact it frustrates me so much that I avoid using it at all costs.

The kitchen in my parent’s house is amazing. It’s open and comfortable. It turns on the creative gene in me; I want to make things. This kitchen feels like home when I step into it. I can sit at the bar for hours and watch something cooking on the stove.

I like a kitchen that houses a family. I appreciate a kitchen that prepares meals for a large group of happy people. My friends and I turn my kitchen floor into a dance floor while waiting for cookies to come out of the oven. That is when the kitchen is my favorite place; when it is filled with good food, friends, laughter, and genuine happiness.

No comments: