I know when I was really young my favorite color was pink. I don’t actually recall ever liking the color, but my mother swears to me that there was a time when that was the only color I liked – on everything. My mom tells me I used to beg or scream for pink dresses. I promise you, I can’t for the life of me every remember a time I enjoyed pink, however I know my favorite doll was dressed in pink, and that my room used to be pink.
I remember the days of hard work taking off all the hideous wallpaper and priming eventually painting my room blue. - A calm color. I was relieved to rid my habitat of the hideous pink that made my room look like I was five. I was finally able to rid myself from my old pink-loving reputation that I could not recall.
After that I never really had a favorite color, in the sense that I had to have everything in that color – like I was obsessed. I just chose whatever color I thought made the object look the best. I like the cool calming colors that ease your mind when you stare at them. For the longest time I refused to wear pink –maybe as a protest to all the years that I received items only in that. In fact, to this day I barely wear pink, except maybe tactfully paired with black.

No comments:
Post a Comment